Lions Bay Homes and Real Estate
Incorporated in 1971, Lions Bay is situated off the Sea To Sky Highway on the shores of fabulous Howe Sound, only 30 minutes to downtown Vancouver.
Lions Bay offers incredible Ocean and Mountain Views and a well-organized, self-sufficient community. It also boasts its own Volunteer Fire Department, BC Ambulance Station, PEP and ESS infrastructure and Municipal Maintenance Services.
Sandy Beaches, Marina, and a quaint Town Centre, with General Store and Cafe, a Post Office, and Artist's Studio complete the package.
Lions Bay Factoids
Lions Bay is named for the twin peaks towering high above the community at approximately 1,600 metres or 5,400 feet above sea level. The Lions as they are known are believed to be formed from lava cones, reminders of volcanic activity on the West Coast millions of years ago, and are famous around the world as a true Vancouver landmark.
Lions Bay grew from its beginnings as a small summer cottage community, only accessable by water and became a viable area for residential development when the railroad pushed through to Squamish in 1956 and later when the original highway was constructed in 1958.
As the area became more established, the population grew, infrastructure was developed and a vibrant community now flourishes.
Lions Bay offers proximity to Northshore and area recreation. Hiking, biking, boating, and skiing are all located close by. It's a short 20 minute journey by car to Cypress Bowl in West Vancouver, and just over 1 hour to world renowned Whistler Resort. Golf enthusiasts will enjoy having a number of quality courses to choose from both to the North and South of Lions Bay.
The community consists of approximately 530 residences with a population of approximately 1,500. Potable water is drawn from either Magnesia Creek or Harvey Creek. Most homes are on septic systems with the exception of the Kelvin Grove subdivivsion.
- Marina with dry storage for boats up to 26 feet on Lions Bay Ave. - 604 921 7510
- Beaches - one at the foot of Lions Bay Ave., a second located at the foot of Tidewater Ave.
- Lions Bay General Store - Convenient for groceries and video rentals
- Lions Bay Cafe - Lunch Counter and Snacks with great terrace in the summer!
- Post Office
- Volunteer Fire Department
- Paramedic and Ambulance Service
- RCMP Police Patrolled
- Block Watch and Block Parent Community
- Emergency Social Services and PEP infrastructure
- Municipal Hall and Village Office - Newly Elected Mayor Max Wyman and Councilors Linda Heneault, Connie Spiers, Lisa Turpin and Ken Wolder 604 921 9333
- Public Works Yard - Snow removal, gardening and community landscaping
- Recycling program in effect with curb-side Garbage pickup
- Local Community Newsletter - "The Seagull" is published monthly and sold at the Lions Bay General Store
- BC Transit - Blue Bus service to West Vancouver with links to North Vancouver and the Lower Mainland
Mayor - Brenda Broughton, Council - Scott Ando, Fred Bain, Ron McLaughlin, Joanne Ronsley
Call Tom for more details!
Tom Davis | REALTOR®
Personal Real Estate Corporation
Royal LePage Sussex
604 787 1456
This communication is not intended to cause or induce breach of an existing agency agreement